This Easter we celebrate it at home and we need the best basket to store decorated eggs you can imagine. Our third contribution to this year’s Easter projects is a practical and beautiful fabric egg storage bag. A project that children can carry out by hand sewing with your help. We’ve sewn some fun bunny ears and attached a ribbon so they can be worn comfortably while playing. Choose some cheerful fabrics, thread your needle and get to work. With this same technique, you can create original bags in the shape of a bear, fox or cat. Paint or embroider the eyes and mouth. And have fun playing this Easter at home looking for the hidden eggs!
Cute Easter egg bag
To make this bag we have used poplin 100% cotton from the Into the Pond collection: Poplin Fabric Into the Pond Coord and the Milk Bath Muslin. Combine with other fabrics in the spring/summer 2020 collection. Below we detail the materials and tools that you will need.
- Poplin fabric 100%
- Backpack rope or tape. 70 cm
- Sewing Pattern
- Thread, needle, and thimble
Step by step Easter bag
- The first thing you need to do is cut the pattern.
- Sew the ears right against right, turn and glue the felt inside. Iron.
- Place the ears on the right side of the outer fabric centered and separated by about 5 cm. Sew the lining. Do the same with the other side.
- Open, iron and face lining and exterior rights. Sew everything but the tape openings, the hem of the lining and the 4 corners.
- Make the corners as we show you in the video.
- Turn around. Put on the tape and close the lining opening.
In less than you imagine you will have this incredible Easter bag ready. To play find the eggs, fill with sweets or go for a walk.
We hope you put it into practice and we can see your versions using the hashtags #katiafabrics #yomequedoencasaCOSIENDO