We want to publish a design made by you in our next Katia Easy Knits magazine. Here is a new opportunity to show the world your talent using knitting needles and crochet hooks. We propose that you take part in the Katia Designers Awards 4. In this competition we’re proposing two different categories: Women-Men’s Fashion and Accessories-Home. So this time, the Katia Design Team will choose two winning models, one from each category. Both patterns, knit or crochet, will be included in the Katia Easy Knits Autumn Winter 20/21 magazine. Bring out the designer in you and take part in the Katia Designers Awards 4!
A design made by you in our Easy Knits Magazine
To enter into the competition you must comply with the following requirements:
1 | Made with Katia. The design entries must be made completely with one or some of the following Katia yarns: Azteca, Big Merino, Inca Noir, Ingenious Big, Laponia, Love Wool, Merino Aran, Merino Flamé, Merino Tweed, Montana, Polar and Tout de Suite. You can choose whichever colours you want.
2 | Easy pattern. The designs must be easy to knit or crochet. The instructions must be easy to follow. You can choose which technique you like: knitting, crochet or a combination of both.
3 | Authorship. The design and the pattern must be of your own creation.
- If your design is a winner, we will publish it in our next Katia Easy Knits magazine. This magazine is available in 6 languages: Spanish-English, French-Dutch and German-Italian. Of course, we will include together with the design your name, creative blog or Instagram account (if you have one).
- Also, we will be putting together a prize giveaway package of Katia products, of your choice, (yarns, knitting needles, crochet hooks and magazines) for the value of 200€ for the category of Women-Men’s Fashion and of 100€ for the Accessories-Home category.
- Lastly, your knit or crochet pattern will be featured on our web katia.com as a downloadable PDF format. Furthermore, we will share the winning designs on our social networks: Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest…
We present 2 categories that you can take part in:
1 | Category: Women-Men’s Fashion. You can enter any kind of unisex, men or women’s knit or crochet garment: jumpers, ponchos, dresses, capes, shawls, waistcoats, jackets, coats…
2 | Category: Accessories-Home. You can take part with small designs like hats, neck warmers, scarves, gloves, bags, etc. Or, with home decoration accessories like cushions, baskets, rugs, blankets…
You can take part in one or in both categories with all the designs you consider appropriate. There’s also no limit to the number of entries you can make, you can send as many designs as you like.
This model is a creation of Ana Pereira @nodejasmim, winner of the category Knitted accessories of Katia Designers Awards 3: “I appreciate everything that contributes to the character of an accessory, but without loosing comfort and versatility. This hat and scarf set knitted with Maxi Merino is suitable for any circumstance”.
In this edition, the Katia Team will chose the two winners, but there will be a third winning design. And in this case, it will be the followers on the Katia Yarns & Fabrics Facebook page that will decide which design – amongst the finalists – should be included in our magazine.
This model was created by Mely Raya @funambulista1572, winner of the Katia Designers Awards 3 Crochet Accessories category: “The Funambulista Shawl is perfect for beginners. The colour combination, pom poms and Merino Aran yarn make this a warm and spongy project for autumn”.
Send us an email to email@example.com before the 10th of January 2020. In the Subject section indicate the category that you want to take part in: Woman-Men’s Fashion or Accessories-Home. Attach 2 or 3 photos, with the best quality possible, of your design entry. We recommend that you photograph with natural light and focus on the details that make your design special. A good photo will definitely help the Katia Design Team to make a better evaluation of your work. Tell us something about you! We want to know your knitting or crochet story. And about your design: inspiration, stitches, number of balls of yarn, colours and any other interesting details.
NOTE: It is not necessary for you to send the pattern by email when you participate. We only need the pattern if your design is one of the winners.
This model has been designed and made by Marta Gacimartín @missblackbelly, third winner –elected by voting on Facebook– of Katia Designers Awards 3: “This crochet bag brings me back many memories of my trips to Japan. Minimalist, but at the same time it’s very loving and cuddly thanks to the Ingenua yarn“.
- The Fil Katia S.A. Design Team will select the finalists and the winning designs in each category. On the 20st January 2020 the names of the finalists and the winners will be published in this post. Beforehand, we’ll contact all the winners by email.
- The winners give their permission to Fil Katia S.A. to publisht he patterns in our Katia Easy Knits magazine.
- To enable the task of editing the magazine, the creators will lend their models to Katia for a temporary period. Katia will assume the delivery by courier of the entrance garments and accessories. After the magazine publication, Katia will return to their creators.
- Designers agree to not publish the pattern in any other medium before our new magazine.
- Fil Katia S.A. reserves the right to cancel any of the participating entries if the requirements are not kept. The Katia Team retains the right to annul the competition (or one category) or to consider more than 3 winners.
- Finally, to take part in the Katia Designers Awards 4 implies the acceptance of these conditions.