Two-color brioche, textured stitches, lace, garter stripes, mosaic … Learn several knitting techniques throughout the upcoming Symmetry KAL. You just need the Katia Symmetry KAL Kit. It consists of 7 soft balls of Katia Cotton-Yak in 4 unreleased colors. With these new colors you can knit the Symmetry shawl, an original tip-to-tip shawl designed by Laura @knitandpepper during the next 2022 Katia KAL. You can look for and join our Knit-Along Katia group on Facebook to get the free pattern with videos. The Symmetry KAL begins on October 13, 2022.
Symmetry KAL Giveaway
By purchasing the Symmetry KAL Kit, you enter the draw for an assortment of new Katia Fall-Winter 2022-2023 products. We tell you all about this giveaway at the end of this post…
Symmetry, an original tip-to-tip shawl
“The Symmetry shawl is a tribute to big cities. The inspiration is a skyline full of buildings with multicolored geometric shapes, lots of light and a futuristic vibe. The result is this youthful, fun and very practical shawl, thanks to its unusual silhouette. A tip-to-tip knitting pattern with increases in the first half and decreases in the second one. Knitting the different combinations of stitches and colors makes this shawl a fun adventure.” Laura @knitandpepper.
Dare to knit the Symmetry shawl if you want to…
- Add an accessory with a bold, youthful, urban and futuristic-inspired design to your wardrobe.
- Learn to knit a symmetrical shawl from tip to tip with increases in the first half and decreases in the second half.
- Learn how to knit techniques and interesting stitches such as two-color brioche, mosaic stitch, lace motifs, textured stitches, stripes and much more.
- Play with new colors of Cotton-Yak from Concept by Katia, using various techniques and types of stitches throughout the pattern. Without a doubt, this pattern is a real joy to knit for fans of colorful shawls.
- Amaze people with a different, original shawl, with an unusual but versatile shape. The Symmetry shawl is perfect to wear around your neck or across your shoulders, adapting to all your looks.
Learn, share and have fun with our KAL!
Project: We are going to knit a shawl combining different knitting techniques.
Designer: Laura from @knitandpepper.
Start: October 13, 2022. We invite you to our international Knit-Along Katia Facebook group to participate in the next Katia KAL.
Duration: 5 weeks to knit your project at your own pace, share your progress or help other participants.
Instructions: Each week, we will share part of the pattern with charts and videos in the Facebook group.
Materials: You need a Katia Symmetry KAL Kit with 7 balls of Katia Cotton-Yak in 4 colors. We also recommend using the following accessories (not included in the kit): 3.5 mm knitting needles with an 80-cm cable, tapestry needle, stitch markers and scissors.
Size: The oversized Symmetry shawl measures approximately 190 x 50 cm after blocking.
What is a KAL?
A KAL (Knit Along) means to follow a knitting pattern at the same time as other knitters, during the same period of time. Which really means, “an online meeting point” where knitters from all over the world can meet; learn something new or a different way of working, for example, a stitch that you’d already seen; help other people to continue with their work thanks to your experience; but, above all, a KAL is for sharing your time and your passion for knitting.
Symmetry KAL Kit Giveaway
For each Symmetry KAL Kit purchased at katia.com before August 31, 2022, you will be automatically entered into the giveaway of a special selection of new Katia products. This gift – valued at €100 – includes different Katia Fall-Winter 2022-23 balls and other surprise gifts. Make the most of this chance to win this gift!
- The draw is open to residents of the European Union.
- Make your purchase through katia.com by August 31, 2022, 23:59 (UTC +2).
- A giveaway app will select the name of the winner, which will be published on this post on September 1, 2022.
- Likewise, we will contact the winner through the email linked to their user on katia.com.
Articles available at katia.com for Spain (mainland and Balearic Islands). But also for Portugal, Italy, France, Germany, Austria, the Netherlands, and Belgium.
Please check the availability of these items on the Katia websites in the United Kingdom/Ireland, the United States and Mexico.
And, the winner is Christiane Dall’Agnol! Congratulations! We hope that this is the start of lovely projects with Fall-Winter 2022-23 yarns. To everybody else, good luck next time, because yes, we are already new giveaways having lots of fun and competitions involving knitting and crocheting. Thanks to everybody for participating!