Oasis Mandala CAL is a project to enjoy, learn, and furthermore, share the creative process with crochet fans all over the world. Do you want to make this beautiful crochet baby blanket? Get the kit with 8 balls of Basic Merino on our website and in Katia stores. We invite you to enter into Facebook and join our Katia Crochet-Along group. Why? Because there we will share this unique crochet pattern!
Baby blanket by @bykaterinacrochet
Hello! My name is Catalina and I am the person behind ByKaterina. I have designed the Oasis Mandala blanket for you using some new Katia Basic Merino colours. This is an intermediate level blanket. However, we also encourage beginners to try it. You will be pleasantly surprised with the final results! Oasis Mandala CAL 2020 is the type of project that makes you feel fulfilled after completing each round. Experience the incredible feeling of creating something spectacular with your own hands.
Inclusive kit with exclusive colors
*Buy now the Oasis Mandala Kit prepared with care by AMPANS, an entity that supports people with intellectual disabilities or in situations of vulnerability. Find your kit with new colors of Katia Basic Merino (green 80, brown 82, beige 83, yellow 84, mint 85, sky blue 86, pink 87, cream 3) in shops Katia and katia.com during the month of March. You will also need a 4 mm / G6 (US) crochet hook, 8 stitch markers, a wool sewing needle and scissors. And during April, you will get the free pattern to make this baby blanket in our Facebook Group. So remember to join our Crochet-Along Katia and share your love of crochet with us!
What is a CAL?
A CAL or Crochet-Along (do crochet together) is a group of people that follow the same crochet pattern throughout a certain period of time. Our Katia Crochet-Along Facebook group brings together people interested in making their own Oasis Mandala. At the end of the CAL, we are going to celebrate a prize giveaway between all the participants who made their baby blanket with the Oasis Mandala Kit. What’s the prize? 3 kits of Katia yarns for making our next CAL. So to enter the prize giveaway you only have to share an image of your blankie with the group. You’ll see, you’ll have plenty of time to complete your project without having to hurry or get stressed. Above all, the aim of the CAL is to relax whilst you crochet, to enjoy each step of progress made and to happily share the results.
Oasis Mandala FAQs
- Who is the designer? Catalina from @bykaterinacrochet
- When does the CAL begin? First week of April.
- How long is the CAL? 4 weeks: You will follow a new part of the pattern every week.
- What does the kit contain? All the yarns to crochet the Oasis Mandala blanket: 8 balls of Katia Basic Merino in new and exclusive colors.
- Where to buy the kit? The kit is available at Katia Stores and on katia.com* from the beginning of March.
- What number of crochet is needed? Crochet 4 mm / G6 (US)
- Where will you find the pattern? The free pattern will be available on our Crochet-Along Katia Facebook Group during April.
- What will the CAL instructions be like? This is a written pattern using abbreviations and supported by graphics with symbols. All the abbreviations are explained in the section Used Stitches. Each row of the pattern is described in abbreviations and illustrated in graphics. We will also share videos to teach how to make some of the stitches used in the CAL. We want the Oasis Mandala to be a fun, exciting and relaxing challenge.
- How to crochet a bigger #OasisMandala blanket? Here are some tips:
- 1. Work with double strands and a larger crochet hook. This way the result will also be a thicker blanket.
- 2. Make more than one Oasis Mandala blanket and attach them together.
- 3. Once the CAL is finished, continue working the stitches of the pattern in new rows around the blanket until you reach the desired size.
- Will the single balls be available to make it bigger? This kit is a limited edition, it will be available while stocks last. But all the new colours of the kit will be on sale as single balls in the Autumn Winter 2020-2021 collection (from July-August this year).