A few days to celebrate the spookiest party of the year and start hearing the famous phrase, trick or treat? We want to help you with the decoration of this year, if you have children at home you will already know how much they like this party and what better way to do something done for you. With our Halloween Kit panel, easily decorate their room and make some original candy bags for them and their best friends. Follow the video tutorial with the step-by-step making of the entire Halloween kit that includes a bunting, a poster, and 5 sweet bags.
Trick or treat?
Turn your home into a terrifying mansion with the best Halloween decorations! Pumpkins, skeletons, ghosts, spiders, and monsters, in general, are the protagonists of this panel ready to cut and sew.
To make this scary kit we have used a Halloween Kit Panel and some extra materials:
Tonal color bias tape: 66 7/8” (170 cm) long.
1 wooden pole, measuring 17 3/4″ (45 cm) long
Cream color cotton cord to hand the poster: 27 1/2″ (70 cm) long
-Bunting seam allowances: 1 cm
-Poster seam allowances: 1 5/8” (4 cm) along the upper edge and 3/4″ (2 cm) along the
sides and lower edge.
-Bag seam allowances: 1 1/8” (3 cm) along the upper edge and 3/8” (1 cm) along the sides and the lower edge. Handles: 3/8” (1 cm) seam allowance
- Match the pieces of the bunting fabric together with the right sides facing and sew around the edges, except for the upper edge.
- Trim the seam allowances at the corners, so the seam edges are easier to manipulate and bulk is reduced.
- Turn the bunting pieces out to the right side and sew onto one side of the tape, with the right sides facing together, leaving a distance of 1 1/8” (3 cm) of tape between the individual bunting pieces.
- Sew the tape closed with a row of topstitching.
- Make a 3/8” (1 cm) double hem at the sides and along the lower edge and topstitch in place.
- Fold 3/8” (1 cm) inwards and then 1 1/8” (3 cm) inwards again along the upper edge to make a casing to pass the wooden pole through. Stitch in place.
- Pass the pole through the casing and knot the cords onto each end for hanging.
The Candy bags
- Fold the bags in half, with the right sides of the fabric facing together, and sew the sides with a 3/8” (1 cm) seam allowance. Make the upper edge hem: turn 3/8” (1 cm) inwards then turn another 3/4″ (2 cm) inwards and stitch in place around the whole of the upper edge contour.
- Make the handles: fold in half lengthwise and sew along the side with a 3/8” (1 cm) seam allowance.
- Turn the handles out to the right side, then turn 3/8” (1 cm) inwards at the ends to create a neat finish. Place one end of the handle at each side of the bag. Stitch in place.
Complete the look for the party with these two printed poplins from the same collection.
The first Halloween main is a design inspired by the Day of the Dead on a black background. Find the singers hidden in this colorful fabric and name them in the comments! With it, we have sewn a nice long-sleeved dress and a gathered skirt.
The following Halloween flowers fabric is also a poplin with a blue background and a green and orange floral pattern. A very appropriate color palette to celebrate with this handmade dress, such a special and fun day.