Let’s sew a reversible sleep sack for your baby together in the new SAL Katia Fabrics 2022 ✂
When you become a mom or dad, a reversible sleep sack becomes a must-have for your baby’s sleep routine. It will be your best ally because it will keep your baby from moving, getting undressed, and feeling cold while they sleep. If the idea of sewing a sleeping bag for your baby with your own two hands immediately brings a smile to your face, you’re in the right place, because we’re going to sew it together. Learn how to sew a reversible sleep sack and have fun sewing it in company thanks to the Internet. Join the Katia Fabrics Sew-along Facebook group to make this sleeping bag together with our fabrics from the Purest line, undyed organic cotton fabrics, perfect for babies’ sensitive skin, and the pattern that we will share in the group.
Join the Facebook group! Get the pattern, sew the sleeping bag, take part in the next Katia Fabrics SAL 2022 and win a set of fabrics from the giveaway we will host at the end of the sew-along. Learn how you can take part in the giveaway at the end of this post.
What is a SAL and how do I take part?
First, if you are wondering what a SAL is, it is the abbreviation for sew-along. At Katia Fabrics, we invite you to enjoy the experience of sewing along with sewing fans from around the world in our Katia Fabrics Sew-along Facebook group.
Find out how to take part in the sleeping bag SAL, it’s so easy!
- Join the Katia Fabrics Sew-along Facebook group.
- On December 2, you can download the sleeping bag FREE pattern from the group. The pattern includes written instructions in 6 languages: English, Spanish, French, Dutch, German, and Italian.
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel where we will share two video tutorials to show you how to put together the pattern and how to sew the sleeping bag step-by-step.
- Sew this project at your own pace and enjoy sewing together online! Share photos of the process, ask your questions in the Facebook group, or help other participants with tips and tricks.
Learn how to sew a sleeping bag: Katia Fabrics SAL
Sew the best refuge for your baby with your own hands: a soft sleep sack, and furthermore, it´s reversible. Choose which side to use each time! Use the new Katia Fabrics Purest Cotton jersey fabrics. These hypoallergenic 100% organic cotton fabrics are perfect for delicate baby skins.
Katia Fabrics SAL 2022
- Start: December 2
- Duration: 2 weeks
- Week 1: We start on December 2! That day, we will share the FREE pattern and instructions in the Katia Fabrics Sew-along Facebook group. We will also upload a video on our YouTube channel with all the details so that you can put together the pattern and cut the pieces for the sleeping bag. Subscribe to the channel and activate the notifications to be notified of every new video!
- Week 2: On December 9, after one week, we will share the second part of the video on our YouTube channel. In this video, we will share all the steps that will help you sew the sleeping bag successfully.
Keep in mind that, if you sew the sleeping bag using Katia Fabrics, you will be directly entered into a giveaway for a set of fabrics from Katia Fabrics, so use our fabrics!
The pattern is available in 6 languages: English, Spanish, French, Dutch, German, and Italian.
Sleeping bag materials:
- Sleeping bag pattern that can be downloaded in A4 PDF format to print on any printer. If you enter our Facebook group, you can get the pattern for free during the sew-along.
- 110 cm of Purest Cotton Knit – Ecru fabric
- 100 cm of Purest Cotton Knit – Stripes Color fabric
- 150 g of wadding for stuffing: 85 x 50 cm (cut x 2)
Learn how to sew a sleeping bag and win a set of fabrics from Katia Fabrics
Also, at the end of the SAL, we will give away a set of Katia Fabrics among all the participants who make their sleeping bag using Katia Fabrics, so that you can carry on creating.
Do you want to sew with us? Take part in the Katia Fabrics Sew-along Facebook group. Sew, connect, and have fun!