What do you think about taking advantage of Mother’s Day to make a gift made by you? Here are 5 ideas that say “happy mother’s day!”with a smile.
5 Gift ideas made by you
1. For those dressmaking mums we suggest this sewing kit to keep all her tools organised and with enough space inside for the fabrics of the project she’s currently working on. It also includes a handle for easy transportation. Furthermore, it comes with a very practical wrist pincushion that your mum will definitely thank you for. Do you feel inspired to make it? If so, all you need is the Sewing kit pattern and to choose the fabrics that you like best from our Canvas collection for the exterior of the sewing kit and from our Poplin collection for the interior. Sew with love and you’ll have the perfect gift for her.
2. Crochet hook and knitting needle organiser kit for the knit and crochet mums. This is an easy level project that you can sew very quickly. In addition, it also comes with a pattern showing how to make an attractive bag for her balls of yarn.
3. A bag is always a success and these two models with matching toiletry / makeup bags could be the perfect gift for her. The Bucket Bag & Makeup Bag Pattern can be sewn with one of our canvas gold fabrics and the Square Bag & Clutch Pattern with one of our Canvas fabrics.
4. Having your mother wear a piece of clothing that you have made is priceless. Choose a simple model, or a more complicated one if you prefer, from the large choice of women’s sewing patterns that you’ll find on our web. Choose the fabric depending on which ones are recommended for each model.
5. Don’t you have a friend who is going to become a mum soon? If so we have various projects that you can sew for her which will result in you being treated like a queen. Ideas range from a baby sack to a pram bag. Select your favourite combination from the cheerful and soft fabrics in our sweetest collections: savanna, rock, summer camp and cosmos.