Summer is here! The perfect time to knit and crochet with yarns made from cool fibres like cotton and linen. If you are a knitter or crocheter 365 days of the year, we have 11 free patterns for you to make over the next few months. They include tops, dresses, ponchos, scarves and shawls. These summer projects are full of colour and fun to make. Furthermore, they are not complicated projects… the summer holidays are for relaxing after all. Download all these free patterns at katia.com and discover some of the new Spring Summer 2020 yarns. Moreover, you only need 1, 2 or 3 balls of Katia Fluor, Harmonia, Jaipur Soft, Maldivas, Neon or Ultrasoft to make each of these knit and crochet garments and accessories. Carry a few balls of yarn and some needles or hooks in your project bag and enjoy your free time this summer!
With only 1 ball of yarn
1. Crochet bandana scarf in Fluor. If you want to learn crochet, this pattern is made for you. It is simple, quick to make and the result is spectacular. You can create the perfect accessory to add a daring touch of colour to any outfit with only one ball of Katia Fluor.
2. You can crochet this openwork rectangular scarf using only one ball of the Katia Harmonia cake type yarn. Enjoy this limited edition 100% cotton yarn with every stitch you make when changing from one colour to another.
3. Here is another openwork crochet shawl model you can make using only one ball of Katia Maldivas. Furthermore, you can wear it in many different ways thanks to its traditional triangular shape.
4. Katia Neon is another limited edition yarn available in 6 different colour combinations. Make this maxi crochet shawl with only one ball. Moreover, add a modern touch with the eye catching colours in this very special yarn.
5. Non Stop Creativity! Knit a summer scarf for cooler nights or to keep the chill off when the air conditioning is on. You only need one ball of Katia Maldivas and a pair of size 10 (U.S.)/(6 mm) knitting needles.
6. We propose this maxi openwork shawl made from Katia Neon for the more daring crocheters out there. It is made from point to point and has a fantastic drape. Dare to stand out from the crowd!
2 balls of yarn, one dress
7. Knit the soft graded colours of 2 balls of Katia Harmonia and enjoy wearing this woman’s dress in size M or L.
Free patterns with 3 balls of yarn
8. Jaipur Soft is a new member of the Jaipur mercerized cotton family. We propose that you crochet this beautiful crochet maxi scarf, with a camouflage effect pattern, using only 3 balls of Jaipur Soft.
9. Make an easy crochet scarf with only 3 balls of Ultrasoft from Concept by Katia. This exclusive certified 100% organic cotton yarn is very soft, breathable and anti allergic. Choose your two favourite colours to make this striped summer accessory in crochet.
10. Knit this openwork jumper with only 3 balls of Fluor for sizes M and L and 4 balls for sizes XL and XXL. Furthermore, the yarn is so soft that it can be worn directly on top of the skin.
11. Finally, download the pattern and knit this openwork poncho with 3 balls of Jaipur Soft. Wear it to the beach or on a summer evening out. This is definitely a versatile and comfortable garment.