September is already here and every day is getting a little shorter and a little cooler. That means it’s time to get started with warmer projects using the new Autumn Winter 20/21 yarns from Katia! If you are looking for easy knitting patterns for kids clothing, take a look at this selection of 14 designs for girls and boys. You will find all the models, together with a total of 38 knitting designs, in the new Katia Kids 95 magazine. You can also purchase each pattern individually in a downloadable PDF format on our website.
So, what are our suggestions? Well, how about making quick to knit maxi size jumpers and jackets with chunky yarns and needles. In addition, try simple jacquard motifs and fun garments knitted in our new multicoloured yarns. Of course, that’s without forgetting our classics that never go out of fashion. They have been updated with our new fantasy yarns. Whatever your style, and whether you are a beginner or an expert knitter, you are sure to find the ideal models for your kids. Therefore, stay around and discover our selection of 14 easy knitting patterns for girls and boys!
Easy knitting patterns
Using large size chunky knitting needles
Perfect patterns for both beginners and impatient people: it’s as easy as combining chunky or super bulk yarn with large size knitting needles. Your project will be ready in no time at all!
2. Easy to knit pullover with a grey front and a longer length back in red. Work the sleeves in intarsia to complete this original bi-colour jumper. Made from our new soft and warm Supreme Merino yarn, and certified mulesing free. The kids are going to have a lot of fun choosing their own colour combinations from the 18 shades available.
3. This warm and cosy knitted coat is made from Laponia, a chunky multicoloured yarn. Knit an uneven degrade effect in garter st without changing the ball of yarn. And the best thing about it? It has pockets!
4. A long casual bi-colour jacket knitted in our new Katia Mouton yarn. This spongy and voluminous fantasy yarn is like the fleece of a recently sheared sheep. Furthermore, it feels equally fluffy and pleasant to touch.
Jacquard is easy to knit
Do you like patterns with colourful designs, but find it difficult to knit with various yarns at the same time? No problem! With our printed jacquard effect yarns you only need one ball of yarn. As a result, the jacquard pattern creates itself!
7. How about a combination of a Nordic style jacquard and a relief stitch texture? We propose this sweater with raglan sleeves and a yoke knitted with Katia Scandinavia. Moreover, the Prime Merino colour palette complements this jacquard effect yarn to perfection.
Multicoloured yarns are for winter
The colorful knit models cheer up our knitting needles throughout the dark and cold winter season. Furthermore, they also make the little ones happy. So what is the best plan for a beginner knitter on an autumn afternoon? Why not try a few balls of our multicolored yarns and one of these easy knitting patterns.
8. For a change, here is a style in reverse stockinette st! Does the print effect on this hooded poncho remind you of an animal print? Our new yarn Katia Twins creates this exciting effect with blurred stripes on a large color gradient background.
9. A very youthful knitted sweat top with hood in a rib stitch. In fact, this is a very comfortable, pleasant and warm garment made from 100% merino wool. Our Merino Baby Plus yarn creates the casual stripes, and furthermore, it is machine washable.
10. You only need a few balls of Katia Balloon and a pair of size 17(U.S.)/(12 mm) knitting needles to knit this warm multicoloured poncho. This is, without doubt, a great and colourful maxi knit project that will be ready in no time at all!
Lastly, we would like to show you some simple knit patterns for kids that are absolute classics. These are definitely essential classics that resolve any dressing dilemmas for the littlest ones on any occasion. They feature classic shapes and striped prints in subtle autumnal colours that never go out of fashion.
12. For example, like this incredibly versatile unisex cardigan knitted in stockinette st. Colour block designs always work well, especially when you can choose from a range of 28 shades in Katia Prime Merino.
14. To finish, this sweater is an essential must-knit item: the printed stripes are very cool and never go out of fashion. That goes for the raglan sleeves too! Knit this jumper using the fantastic rustic colours available in Merino Shetland. Moreover, it is a lot easier to knit than you think.