If you love crochet, join the next Mini Explorer Katia CAL to make a 3D granny square blanket together. We are going to learn how to make 24 different motifs to create the adorable Mini Explorer baby blanket designed by @gallimelmas.
3D granny square blanket
Flowers, fruit, insects, forest animals… Gallimelmas proposes a 3D granny square blanket inspired by Nature. Without a doubt, the Mini Explorer blanket is the perfect companion to discover the world with.
To take part in the Mini Explorer CAL:
- Pre-order the Mini Explorer CAL Katia Kit! Pre-order it now and, when it comes into stock, we will send it to you.
- Look for the Crochet-Along Katia group on Facebook. Join thousands of crochet fans from around the world!
Project: Blanket consisting of 36 3D granny squares with 24 different motifs.
Designer: Mel @gallimelmas.
Materials: As well as this Katia Mini Explorer CAL Kit, consisting of balls of Katia United Cotton, you need a 4-mm crochet hook, tapestry needle, stitch markers, and scissors.
Start: March 15, 2023.
Duration: 5 weeks.
Pattern with charts and videos: Every week, we share a section of the pattern in PDF format along with 5 demo videos.
How to participate in a Katia CAL?
Pattern in 5 parts
- Once the event has started, go to the group’s Files or Featured section to easily find each part of the pattern.
- We share one PDF per language, so if you want the pattern in English, download the files ending in EN.
25 demo videos
- You can access the videos by clicking on the red button included in each PDF or subscribe to our YouTube and activate notifications to receive a notice with each new video.
- Tip to follow videos on YouTube: Slow down the video by clicking Settings ⚙️ > Playback speed > 0.5 – 0.75
One hashtag per language
- Check the hashtag #miniexplorercal_en within the Facebook group to easily find publications in English with useful information.
Share and learn in community
- If you have any questions, leave a comment in the group to receive help from other participants. Of course, you can also answer other people’s questions.
- Have fun sharing tips, experiences, and also photos or videos with your progress and the result of the CAL star pattern.