This year we are going to celebrate Christmas together with our first challenge, which we are calling the Xmas Fabrics Challenge. It includes 8 European bloggers from the world of sewing and motherhood, who are sharing their projects, made using fabrics from the Katia Fabrics collection, with us. There are eight different styles which include proposals for adults, kids and accessories. We are showing you our fabric and sewing pattern selection in a different way, and hope it will encourage you to sew during these days of rest.
Xmas Fabrics Challenge
Mis Primeras Puntadas
1. Susi, from the Blog Mis Primeras Puntadas (My First Stitches), has surprised us with an ideal backpack. She has used our Unicorn Floral poplin, and you can see a very thorough post on her Blog with the step by step instructions showing how to make it.
2. Annie, from the Blog Anniesews, presents our Hooded sweatshirt and trouser pattern, made from the sweatshirt fleece fabric from the Xmas Coming collection, as her challenge. A perfect combination! On her Blog you can see more photos and her experiences sewing with our fabrics and patterns.
3. Jenifer, known for her tutorials on Miscelanea DIY, has made a matching mother and daughter sweatshirt duo which she explains by video tutorial and is a must to see. She has used our most festive sweatshirt fleece fabric, with a touch of the Unicorn floral poplin along the lower edges, to make them.
4. Ghislaine was one of the 10 participants in the 2016 edition of the British TV program “The Great British Sewing Bee”. She loves sewing, and has chosen a comfortable sweatshirt made from our Prehistoric Universe sweatshirt fabric for the challenge. Take a look at her Blog to see more photos and a complete review of her experiences.
Made by Liesl
5. LIESL from the Blog made by LIESL, and winner of the Knipster 2017 prize, has made an awesome proposal. She has used our two poplin fabrics, Seahorse and Xmas Coming, to sew a complete outfit composed of a jacket, trousers and a blouse. See her Blog for a complete review about her participation in the challenge.
6. Charlene, who is passionate about sewing and DIY, is known for her Blog charlene_hands. She has proposed a very feminine kimono made from our Wild Flowers poplin fabric.
7. Daisy, from the blog molemieke, presents a sweet dress made for her daughter using our North scape poplin fabric. On her instagram account @molemieke you can see a lot of beautiful clothing that she sews for her two kids. More info on her blog.
8. Ana, known for her Youtube channel PINAFILI, has sewn one of our accessory patterns. She has made the baby stroller bag from the Prehistoric Dinos poplin, with the Prehistoric Coord poplin for the lining. See her Blog for a complete review of her last sewing project of the year.
One of them will be the winner of our 1st “Xmas Fabrics Challenge”. The prize is a comprehensive selection of KATIA FABRICS products. You can find where to vote in this album on our Facebook page until the 23rd of December. We will announce the winner on the 23th of December.
Find everything you need for this project in Katia Stores and at our online sales platform KatiaShop.