With our panels to make cushions, you can create many more things than you imagine. In today’s post, we are going to teach you how to sew a very original baby bath cape. We have decorated it the back and the hood with the prints of the fun otter panel. A perfect towel for the first months of your little. The mother lulls the baby and avoids getting wet. An ideal project for you or to give away with some other accessories such as a changing mat, toiletry bag, or bib.
How to sew a bath cape
To make this baby cape we have used terry cloth and 2 poplin cushion panels.
From the AQUA spring/summer 2020 collection.
Below we detail the materials and tools that you will need.
- 80 cm of Terry cloth
- 2 cushion panels INTO THE RIVER
- 5 cm of velcro
- Free Neck Sewing Pattern
- 5 m of Bias
- Thread, needle, and thimble
- Sewing Machine
Step by step Bath cape
- Cut an 75 cm x 75 cm square on the terry cloth. In one of the 4 corners pass the neck pattern and cut.
- Join 6 of the panels together forming two rows of 3 panels each as we show you in the video.
- Cut the hood in terry cloth and one of the panels. Place the bias on the hem and overlock the rest with a zigzag stitch.
- Place the panels on the back of the towel and the hood on the right. Cut the panels into the shape of the towel. Round off the remaining 3 corners. Overlock around with a zigzag stitch and sew the bias.
- Position the velcro at the ends of the neck and sew.