Which garment is essential, quick and easy to crochet? The summer top! There’s no doubt that jerseys, vests or crochet tops are pleasant projects. At Katia we want you to be able to relax and enjoy yourself whilst knitting or crocheting, especially if you are on holiday. Therefore, we are proposing a selection of 10 different crochet tops for women, but all so easy to make. Furthermore, if you do decide to make one of them, remember that all of our patterns are available (to buy or for free) in a downloadable PDF format on our website. You can also find these patterns, together with many more designs, in our new Spring Summer 2019 Katia magazines: Concept 7 and Casual 100.
10 Easy Crochet Tops
1. Pick a winner for an everyday look with this basic summer jersey! Crochet this garment in any of our 38 Monaco Baby colours and wear it with your jeans. Do you want to know a secret? This pattern is worked sideways, starting with a sleeve.
2. How about using a classic crochet filet stitch for a top? Play with the traditional net stitch to create a very youthful cherry coloured short top. Choose your favourite colour from our 35 shades of Katia Missouri.
4. Let’s continue with another inviting summer top in an openwork stitch with a wide neckline and side splits. Whether you like natural tones, pastels or something more intense, check out the 30 Katia Fair Cotton colours.
5. Take a look at the interesting size variations of the net stitch pattern on this magnificent strap top made with Katia Versailles in champagne. This is definitely an example of simplicity and elegance in a very easy to crochet pattern.
Floral crochet top
8. We are in love with this zigzag stitch top! Besides from being a really easy pattern, we’ve given our popular zigzag stripes a twist by using them in horizontal. Combine your favourite colours from the Cotton-Alpaca range in this summery vertical zigzag striped top.
Basics made with one or two balls of yarn
10. Lastly, we are sharing our free pattern to crochet a top with only one ball of Silk Degradé. A very easy project! Your only “difficulty” could be deciding which colour to choose from our wonderful multicoloured degradé range of this beautiful silk, cotton and viscose yarn.