If you love garment and accessory design, you create your own patterns and bring them to life with your hands… This creative competition is for you! Here are the Katia Designers Awards 6, a unique opportunity to share your talent with the large Katia community. Get your knitting needles, crochet hooks and sewing machine ready! You read that right, this time, we suggest 3 techniques according to category: knitting, crochet and sewing. We are also extending the time to participate and thus present your best ideas. As you can see, our creative competition is less demanding than Project Runway. 😛 If you dream of making your pattern designs known, without a doubt, Katia Designers Awards 6 can be the springboard you’ve been waiting for. Carry on reading and discover how to publish a design in our Katia magazines or how to be featured in our Craft Lovers section. Surprise!
3 techniques and 3 categories
We want this Katia Designers Awards 6 to be very special. This is why we are extending the techniques with which you can participate to 3: knitting, crochet and sewing. You can participate in all the categories you wish with your best designs. There is no limit to the number of times you can participate, that is, you can send as many designs as you wish within the following categories:
1 | Women-Men
Participate with garments for women, men or unisex pieces: sweaters, shirts, sweatshirts, T-shirts, ponchos, dresses, capes, vests, cardigans, coats…
2 | Baby-Children
You can present any garment created by you to dress the youngest members of the family: T-shirts, sweatshirts, overalls, pinafores, sweaters, ponchos, dresses, capes, rompers, vests, cardigans, coats, sets…
IMPORTANT: If you want to participate with a Children’s knitting or crochet design, please do so only with garments for the size 6 years of age.
3 | Accessories-Home
Participate with your accessory designs —for both adults and children—: hats, cowls, scarves, gloves, shawls, bags, backpacks, etc. Or with home décor elements such as cushions, baskets, rugs, blankets, tapestries…
2 requirements to participate
All your designs sent to our creative competition must meet the following requirements:
1 | Made with Katia
The knitting and crochet designs presented must be 100% made with one or some of the following Katia yarns*:
- Baby Nature
- Basic Merino / Merino Classic
- Love Wool
- Katia Merino 100%
- Merino Aran
- Merino Sport
- Supreme Merino
- Super Merino
- Merino Baby
✂️ Sewing pattern designs presented must be made with one or several Katia Fabrics* Fall-Winter.
*Free color choice.
2 | Authorship
Of course, the design, pattern and garment must be 100% created by you.
Finalists and winners
Members of the Katia Design Team will select the finalists among all the proposals received. Do you want to know which details we consider? Above all, the wow factor, but also the execution and finishes of the design, the color range chosen, accessible projects or the choice of affordable materials. Following these criteria, for each category, we will choose a total of 6 winning designs: 3 knitting and/or crochet designs and 3 sewing designs.
Prize for winning designers
If your design is chosen as a winner, we will publish it in the Katia Fall-Winter 22/23 magazine. This magazine will be available in 6 languages: English, Spanish, French, Dutch, German and Italian. The pattern will also be available on the Katia website as a free PDF download. Along with the design, we always include your name, a description of your project and your crafting blog or Instagram (if available). Also, we will send you €300 worth of Katia products of your choice.
And what about the finalists?
If you are chosen as a finalist, we want to feature you and your design in our Craft Lovers section. As well as publishing your pattern on our 6 blogs —in English, Spanish, French, Dutch, German and Italian— we will send you €150 worth of Katia products of your choice. If you are not interested in this proposal, no worries! As with all previous editions, if you are chosen as a finalist, you will receive a set of Katia products for participating.
They are already Katia Designers
Throughout these 5 editions, we have discovered new and talented knitting and crochet designers: Mar Burdallo, Pukapuka, Ana Maria Valero, Ana Pereira, Mely Raya, Marta Gacimartín, Ana Martin, Gretha de Jonge or Elena Rodríguez. So they have all has patterns published in our magazines and are now Katia Designers. If you follow this blog, you are also a creative mind with talented hands. What are you waiting for to become a Katia Designer? Believe in yourself and participate in our creative competition!
Participate in our creative competition!
Send us an email at email@example.com by December 15, 2021. Please state the category and technique you are participating with in the subject:
- Women-Men + Knitting, Crochet or Sewing
- Baby-Children + Knitting, Crochet or Sewing
- Accessories-Home + Knitting, Crochet or Sewing
- IMAGES. Attach 2 or 3 photos of your creation in the best quality possible. Remember to take your photos in natural light and to focus on the details that make your design special. Without a doubt, a good photo helps the Katia Design Team to better assess your work.
- ABOUT YOU. Introduce yourself! We want to discover your history with knitting, crochet or sewing.
- ABOUT YOUR DESIGN. Remember to tell us something about your design: the source of inspiration, the Katia yarns or Fabrics used, number of balls, meters of fabrics, colors, needles, and any other interesting detail.
NOTE: Sending the pattern is not necessary to participate, but it must be sent if the design is chosen as the winning design.
- The Design Team at Fil Katia S.A. will select the finalist designs and the winning designs for each category. On December 20, 2021, we will publish the names of the finalists and winners on this post. Previously, we will contact all the winners and finalists by email.
- Winning designers give Fil Katia S.A. Permission to translate and publish the instructions for their design in a new Katia Fall-Winter 22/23 magazine or Craft Lovers section.
- The Magazine Team will need the physical garments during pattern review, photo session and, subsequently, to solve potential questions. Fil Katia S.A. Takes on the shipping costs and will manage the pick-up of knitted garments.
- As for the designers, they commit to not publishing the pattern, tutorial or instructions on any other media before being published in the new magazine or Craft Lovers section. This, in the case that the finalists agree to sharing their pattern on our blogs. They can share photos of the winning design on social media.
- Fil Katia S.A. reserves the right to disallow a participation. If the Katia Design Team deems it so, the creative competition (or some of its categories) may remain open or contemplate more winners.
- IMPORTANT: Finally, participating in the Katia Designers Awards 6 creative competition involves agreeing to these conditions.