If you are looking for tutorials to make an easy macramé bag, here you can find out how to make this summer accessory with just 2 bobbins of our new Macramé Cord Fine. You have a date on July 7 2021 with Lucía from @knittingtheskyline on our YouTube channel. Subscribe and click the bell to be notified! We share a new step-by-step video tutorial and free PDF pattern to learn how to make a macramé shoulder bag with fringe. Wear your customized bag this summer!
5 reasons to make a macramé bag
- Generous size. This bag is the perfect size to carry your everyday essentials: cellphone, purse, keys…
- Shoulder strap. Complete any look with your shoulder or cross-over bag! And if you’d like a shorter strap, simply knot the long thin strap.
- Practical, versatile and handmade. The artisan design of this fringe bag is designed to make the most of summer: walks along the beach, outdoor parties, lunch with friends at the beach bar, shopping at markets, visiting monuments…
- Customizable. Do you prefer natural or trendy colors? Choose your favorite Macramé Cord Fine color and give it your personal touch.
- 100% eco-friendly. Last but by no means least, you just need 2 bobbins of Macramé Cord Fine, made completely out of 100% recycled materials.
Macramé Cord Fine, 100% recycled
Macramé Cord Fine is a high performance, 2.5-mm thick cord, consisting of recycled cotton from fabrics and recycled polyester from bottles. Thanks to the ECOLIFE sustainable manufacturing system, making Macramé Cord Fine has a smaller environmental impact than conventional fabrics.
Just 4 bobbins of Macramé Cord Fine represent the following savings:
- 98% water
- 75% energy consumption
- 67% of CO2 emissions
- 23 plastic bottles
Macramé for beginners
Save the date! See us on July 7 2021 on our YouTube channel. Get your materials ready, learn with this new online video class and wear a macramé shoulder bag this summer. Meanwhile, check out our special macramé resources for beginners available for free on katia.com. We recommend starting by learning how to make basic macramé knots through our short videos.
Finally, take action! Put macramé knots into practice with a series of macramé workshops to make projects for your home. You have access to all these free PDF patterns and step-by-step videos to create with Macramé Cord.
Alternating square knot trivet
Bubble knot lamp
Button knot cushion
Terracotta macramé plant pot