The coldest months of the year have arrived, which means it’s time to show off those woolly hats and scarves. We encourage you to defy the low temperatures, and the snow, with a selection of woolly hats and scarves for women, men, kids and babies. Have fun and customise some winter accessories for the whole family. To help you do this, we propose that you play with the sizing, colours and materials of these 16 knit patterns. Don’t you know how to knit a scarf or crochet a hat? Then why not take a look at our Easy Knits magazines for knit and crochet beginners. Learn, knit, crochet and proudly show off your own style this winter!
Woolly hats and scarves
Hats for women? Scarves for men? In reality, woolly hats and scarves can be considered unisex accessories. So let yourself go: choose a design and knit it to your own taste.
1-2. If you like knitting with thick yarns, we recommend this set made from Katia Balloon. Make a pom pom hat using only one ball of yarn, and with 5 balls, a spectacular scarf with fringing.
3-4. You only need 3 balls of Merino Aran to show off this youthful set made up of an accordion stitch neck warmer and a pom pom hat. They are so easy that you’re sure to repeat these patterns in different colours!
5-6. For lovers of cable stitches, there is this beautiful hat knitted with Love Wool 100 and a cosy neck warmer made with Merino Aran Natur.
In this video we show how to knit cables using two knitting needles:
7. This easy to knit scarf is perfect for beginners. Choose from the 12 gradient colours of Katia Shadow.
8. Complete the set with this beautiful cable stitch hat made from Merino Shetland. This is definitely an ideal project to knit throughout a weekend.
Knitted accessories for kids
For kids we suggest some amusing hats and very warm scarves. Here are the best allies for playing outside without fearing the cold.
9. Keep their ears warm with this easy to knit girl’s headband in 2×2 ribbing. Make it to match her favourite dress or jumper thanks to the range of 21 colours in Katia Duende. Knitted headbands, or turbans, are a key fashion look this winter!
10. One ball of Katia Croquis makes a fun knit hat for both boys and girls. This is a perfect choice to add a multi-colour touch to the winter wardrobe.
11. A comfortable, lightweight boy’s knit neck warmer made from Catena Merino Fine. This chain (catenella) yarn is a fantastic choice for knitting kid’s and babies hats and scarves.
12. Knit the softest scarf for girls using only 1 ball of Katia Velour, a magnificent short haired fantasy yarn available in 24 colours. Creat unique accessories with this fur effect yarn!
Baby hats and scarves
Keep little heads covered up with baby hats knitted on two needles using the warmest and most delicate yarns.
13. What do you think to this original and soft baby hood knitted with Katia Velour?
14. Keep your baby’s head and ears warm with this ear flap hat made with Katia Peques. This soft yarn is available in 43 pastel tones and is highly recommended for all types of baby clothing.
15. Welcome a newborn with this simple tassel hat. Combine two colours of Katia Peques to knit its subtle printed stripes.
16. Lastly, why not try your hand at knitting this lovely set with Katia Duende. This is an adorable, and very easy to make, scarf and pom pom baby hat set.