Enjoy Original Macramé and the magic of macramé! Combine different knots and yarn lengths to create 10 modern decorative and fashion accessory projects. Learn how to make the basic macramé knots with the help of our step by step videos. Each project is explained in a clear and simple way. The instructions include information about materials, knots employed, measurements, descriptions and illustrations of each step.
10 Original DIY Macramé Projects
Get the Original Macramé PDF and enjoy making 4 different plant hangers, a pair of matching cushions, a handbag, a spectacular circular lamp with fringing or an ethnic bracelet and necklace set. Follow the step by step instructions to transform a few balls of Scuby Cotton into 10 beautiful decoration ideas.
1. Kalkhu double hanging plant pot cover made with only 1 ball of Scuby Cotton.
3. Nesite macramé plant pot hanger made with only 1 ball of Scuby Cotton.
4. Assur decorative plant pot cover made with only 1 ball of Scuby Cotton.
5. Akkad macramé cushion made with only 2 balls of Scuby Cotton.
6. Ninive cushion with fringes made with only 2 balls of Scuby Cotton.
7. Uruk handbag made in macramé with 5 Scuby Cotton cakes.
8. Mitra macramé lamp made with 2 balls of Scuby Cotton.
9 & 10. Aramati bracelet and necklace made with 2 balls of Katia Alabama.
Have you fallen in love with any of these designs? Each one of them is available in a downloadable individual PDF pattern format (1.95€ / $2.46 / £1.79). Do you want ALL the patterns in one PDF format only? Then why not purchase the complete digital magazine (3.95€ / $4.98 / £3.62), only available at katia.com.
Macramé knots for beginners
Learn with each lesson how to work the Basic Macramé Knots required to make all the projects in the Original Macramé collection. Start to learn the macramé technique thanks to our macramé video classes:
- Wrap Knot
- Larks Head Knot
- Vertical Larks Head Knot
- Celtic Heart Knot
- Diagonal Double Half Hitch (Left to Right)
- Diagonal Double Half Hitch (Right to Left)
- Horizontal Double Half Hitch
- Flat or Square Knot
- Josephine Knot
- Half Knot Spiral
🎁 Scuby Cotton Giveaway 🍀
Would you like to receive an assortment of Katia Scuby Cotton and other surprises? Leave a comment telling us which Original Macramé pattern you would make and what color of Scuby Cotton is your favorite. The giveaway draw will take place on the 16th of April 2019 and will be published here. Good luck!
Scuby Cotton is ideal for making rugs, cushions, baskets, bags or tapestry type hangings to give your home a modern touch. Scuby Cotton is a cotton cord yarn available in a large range of solid colours (24) suitable for knitting, crochet and macrame projects.