Are you also looking forward to going out on June 11 and knitting and crocheting together on World Wide Knit in Public Day 2022? This year, we’re finally breaking free of our chrysalis life at home! It’s time to spread your wings, needles, and crochet hooks beyond your living room sofa. That’s why, this time, we suggest turning some balls of Katia yarn into crochet and knitted butterflies, as a symbol of joy and transformation.
- We’re sharing some simple charted patterns for free, so that your creativity can take flight with these knitted and crochet butterflies.
- As well as suggesting decorative ideas using butterflies, there’s also a map to discover which Katia stores are organizing events to knit and crochet in public.
- Lastly, we want to reward you, spreading your love for knitting and crochet beyond the walls of your home. Find out how to win a set of Katia products —valued at €150— through our #KatiaKnit2022 Instagram competition at the end of this post…
Crochet and knitted butterflies
Make colorful butterflies to decorate the space you’ll be celebrating World Wide Knit in Public Day in your area. From a pretty brooch for participants, using a simple safety pin, to butterfly garlands to yarn bomb the area together. Have fun creating butterflies in different sizes! Just play with the different colors and weights of Katia yarns.
Chart for knitting butterflies
Knitting a butterfly is easy-peasy! Just knit the basic stitches indicated in the following charts.
How to crochet butterflies
To show off your crochet butterfly, all you need to know is how to work chain stitches and double crochet stitches! Follow the charts to crochet semicircles in two sizes.
How to assemble knitted and crochet butterflies
Join both pieces (see illustrations) and wrap around both pieces tightly 6 times, leaving a tail at the top (1st antenna). Next, attach the end at the top of the wraps and cut the yarn to make the 2nd antenna.
Worldwide Knit in Public Day Events
Do you know if WWKiP Day is celebrated in your city? Check the map of Katia stores on our website to find out which shops in your area celebrate Worldwide Knit in Public Day 2022. Get in touch with or visit your LYS to find out more about the meeting point, timetable, and the day’s activities. Knit, share, and have fun!
On June 11, in one month, we’ll be celebrating Worldwide Knit in Public Day. As well as knitting together outdoors or at organized events at Katia stores, make the most of the opportunity to participate in our #KatiaKnit2022 Instagram competition.
- Share a photo on Instagram of you knitting (or crocheting) in public with Katia yarns.
- Add the #KatiaKnit2022 hashtag to the description and tag @katiayarns.
Extra entry: If you upload a photo including a knitted or crochet butterfly, you double your chances of winning the giveaway.
Participate! Upload your photos by June 12, 2022, for a chance to win a set of Katia products valued at €150.
- The photos presented as candidates for the competition must be your own.
- IMPORTANT: Post the photo within the period the competition runs for: from May 10 to June 11, 2022 (inclusive). Photos published before May 10, 2022, are not eligible for the competition.
- Your Instagram profile must be public (not private) for us to take your photo into account.
- You can share as many photos as you like. We’ll love to see how your project grows and the final result.
- Each Instagram profile can have a maximum of 2 entries.
- The giveaway is open to residents of Europe, Mexico, the US, and the UK.
- Giveaway date: Monday June 13, 2022, through Apps de Sorteos.
- We will announce the winning profile on this post and on Instagram.
- We will contact the winning profile through direct message on Instagram: to directly report the result of the giveaway and request the details necessary to send the prize.